Can you believe that the first full week of the year 2013 is now history?  Seven days of the New Year have already come and gone.  Either those New Year’s resolutions you and I made are clicking right along or else they have fallen by the wayside.  There are now only 358 days remaining to make a difference in the year 2013.  Only 358 more opportunities to start the day with a smile on your face, make someone’s day brighter, or end the day with thanksgiving to God for blessing you with another day to love, another day to laugh, and another day to live.

Living is what my New Year’s resolution is all about.  Sure, I’ve made resolutions in the past to lose weight, consume less sugar, exercise more, etc.  While I still plan to work on these things, I wanted to make a resolution that I could stick to, one that would make a difference not only in my own life, but in the lives of others around me.  And so, my New Year’s resolution for 2013 is to love life more, love my family and friends more, and love Jesus Christ even more.  Granted, I already love all of these things with all of my heart and soul, but I still know that there is an infinite amount of love in the world, so there is always more love to give.  And that’s what I want to do in 2013: give more love to the ones I love the most!
In life, we get so busy that it is easy to get wrapped up in our daily routines, not even realizing the day-to-day blessings that God bestows upon us.  It could be a hug, a smile, a handshake, or a sweet note, a smiley face, or a cup of coffee.  Even the smallest little things can make a huge difference in our day.  We may even set out to bless someone else in return, thinking we will pay it forward and do something nice for them tomorrow.  365 days later, the year has come and gone, seemingly unbeknownst to us.  We don’t mean to forget, but the year comes and goes so fast that we simply lose track of time.  And so, I urge you to make the most of every single day, even on the busiest of days.
Don’t let one minute sneak by you.  Enjoy every moment of your life, whether you are at the office, sitting in a hospital waiting room, or riding the subway home in the evening.  It doesn’t matter if you are walking down the aisles of the grocery store, driving your son or daughter to soccer practice, or waiting at a red light, there is always a blessing waiting just around the bend.   Sometimes, it comes when we least expect it.  And sadly, there are times when it comes and we don’t notice it at all.  That’s why we need to pay special attention to every day of the year.  Why?  You never know if tomorrow might end up being recorded in your book of memories as the best day of 2013!
What about you?  What are your resolutions for 2013?  What goals do you hope to achieve?  What hurdles do you hope to jump over?  Who can you love more?  How can you enjoy life more?  I would like to give you a little assignment.  I challenge you to post a comment below where you list one resolution you have for the New Year.  Big or small, write one thing down.  You’ll be surprised at how writing it down can be the little nudge you need to watch yourself actually achieve whatever it is you set out to accomplish!  Plus, we’re all in this together.  I’d be happy to pray for you and help encourage you in your journey to success!  May God bless you always and may you always remember to live every moment to the fullest!  There are 51 weeks left of 2013!  What are you waiting for?  Get out there and LIVE!
In Christ’s Love,
Jennifer