As I sat in church this morning, I must admit that I began thinking of the long list of tasks that needed to be completed during the upcoming week. Sure, I should have been 100% focused on the service in progress. Instead, my mind was processing a gigantic to-do list. The deadlines, meetings, phone calls, e-mails...at times, life does get a little overwhelming. Then, something completely unexpected happens. Even when the unexpected happens, I want you to know that life IS worth living and that Jesus DOES love you.

Last week, I experienced one of the saddest days of my career as a 7th grade language arts teacher. One of the students at the middle school where I teach took her own life. Only God knows what was going through her mind before she made the decision to end her life. She had only been in this world for 12 years. What could have been so terrible to cause her to make this irreversible, permanent decision? I wish I could have told her that everything was going to be alright. I would have liked to share with her the words of Jesus, "do not worry about your life" (Matthew 6:25 NIV).

You may be thinking, how can I stop being concerned over whether or not I will meet every deadline? Or you may be wondering how you will be able to pay the bills? You may be questioning when your physical or emotional pain will go away. As humans living in an imperfect world, we are going to have worrisome days. Even though we will have troubles in this world, we need to make sure that we do not allow our worries to overcome us. Jesus does not want us to worry. Instead, He wants us to lean on Him in times of trouble.

Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26 NIV). Our Heavenly Father loves you more than you can ever imagine. You are more valuable than the birds. You are more valuable than any earthly possession you may own. You are important in the eyes of God. YOU matter! Jesus wants you to live a long life with a personal relationship with Him.

Jesus goes on to say, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" (Matthew 6:27 NIV). No matter what is going on in your life, worrying will not add a single moment to your life. Worrying will not do anything but cause you stress. Instead, Jesus wants you to trust Him to help you overcome the difficulties of life. He wants you to call on Him when you feel overwhelmed. He wants you to know that He will be with you every step of the way.

It is my hope and prayer that you have been encouraged by my blog. If you are facing a difficult situation in your life, I pray that God restores your joy and that you can live a life free from worry. Please e-mail me at jennifer@jennifercampbell.net, if you would like me to stand with you in prayer, or if you simply need a listening ear.

Stay tuned for my blog tomorrow where I plan to share more about my journey through life, including the good, the bad, and the ugly. In the meantime, don't worry, be happy!


Jennifer