Do you think of yourself as someone who is strong? Perhaps your strength is physical, or mental, or emotional. Or maybe you do not feel strong at all. You may feel like you will simply collapse under the weight of the burdens you carry. You may feel overwhelmed by the daily tasks you must perform. You may feel that you are a failure. No matter how you feel, do not give up. If you feel weak, Jesus is strong. Put your hope in Jesus Christ, and He will give you strength to continue your journey. With Jesus Christ by your side, you will be strong. He will give you physical strength, mental strength, and emotional strength. You can be strong in the Lord.

Personally, I have never truly thought of myself as someone who is especially strong. Sure, I keep my head held high. I smile, even when things go wrong. I try to offer encouraging words to others. Yet, I know I could be a much stronger individual. This week, two friends told me that I was strong. One of them actually said I was stronger than them. The other friend said I was someone who was strong, someone my friends could depend on, and someone they admire. As I tried to process their comments, I was overwhelmed. I was humbled to know that my friends felt this way about me. And I was so grateful to come to the realization that, yes, with God’s help, maybe I am strong after all.

Strength is something that every person seems to desire at some point in their life. When I was a little girl, I enjoyed watching the children’s cartoon, Tom and Jerry. I recall watching episode after episode where Jerry the mouse always seemed to defeat Tom the cat, no matter what defensive course of action Tom may have used. In the end, Jerry knew that he could defeat the cat. Even though he didn’t have the size, he had something greater. He had mental strength to outsmart Tom, and he had the confidence necessary to pull it off. While this may be a fictional cartoon, it is the perfect illustration to use when talking about human strength. Although we may feel inadequate, like Jerry, God gives us the strength we need to overcome any evil in our lives. On our own merit, we may be weak, but God gives us the strength and confidence we need to prevail.

No matter what battle you may be fighting, God is on your side. He will give you the strength you need to overcome. Ephesians 6:10-13 says, “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” God has promised that He will provide an armor to protect you from Satan’s snares. God will give you strength to make it through. He will carry your burdens. He will make you strong. Make it your daily prayer to be strong in the Lord. Nehemiah 8:10 says, “The joy of the LORD is your strength.” Be joyful. Be an inspiration. Be strong.

In Christ’s Love, 
Jennifer