Have you ever felt alone?  Did you ever feel like you did not have a friend in the world?  Did you ever feel alone when you were in a crowd of people?  No matter what you’re going through, remember this one thing: you are never alone.

Even in the most difficult situations, God is with us.  God gives us this promise: “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV).  No matter where you are, where you’ve been, or where you’re going, God is with you.
 
Isn’t that an amazing promise?  Just knowing that we have the God of all Creation walking beside us brings a smile to my face.  He loves me so much that He gave His only son just to wash away my sins.  On top of that, He promises to never leave me alone.

This scripture reminds me of something I heard at the Women of Faith conference in Tampa, Florida, this past October.  One of the Women of Faith speakers, Lisa Whelchel, shared her story of creating true friendships as a grown woman.  She also shared how there are times when things don’t go our way, when people leave us unexpectedly, and how we might even feel alone in that huge arena.

Sitting there in that arena, although I was with two dear friends, I truly felt alone.  It didn’t matter if there were 15,000+ people in that arena.  I felt as if I was the only person there.  Thoughts began running through my mind, thoughts that were saddening.  I wished my Mom and I could have shared my first Women of Faith event together.  Why would God give me this opportunity now?

Since then, I have come to realize that God used Lisa to help me recognize that I wasn’t alone.  God was with me.  I have also realized that God may not have given this opportunity to my Mom and I then because He knew I needed the fellowship and encouragement of other women now.  I am so thankful for the way He has provided these uplifting experiences, experiences that have renewed my joy in abundance.  Let’s face it: God truly knows what I need when I need it.

In life, we have no guarantees.  We do not know how long we will live.  We do not know the exact place we will be one year from now.  Only God knows what our future holds.  He knows there will be heartache and He knows there will be happiness.  In these moments, it is easy to become discouraged or feel isolated.

At times, the worries and cares of life may cause you to worry about the future.  You may worry about every detail of your life and be stricken with fear.  Joshua 1:9 (NIV) says, “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

God has promised that He will never leave us.  He will be with us wherever we go.  God’s Word also says that we should not be afraid, nor should we be discouraged.  We should not worry whether our friends will approve of our new look, or if our friends will stop calling us because we invited them to church.  No matter what is going on in your life, remember that God loves you unconditionally.  He will never leave you.

I want to leave you with this thought.  There is nothing you can do to make God stop caring about you and loving you.  He thinks you are amazing.  He knows you and loves you more than you can ever imagine.  No matter what, God will never leave you.

In Christ’s Love,
Jennifer